Thursday 5 March 2009

Day Ninety Seven: I may stop using the 'day x' thing soon.

Maybe around day 100 or something deeply significant like that. Oh yes, that'll do nicely.

Anyway, apologies for my unforgivable lapse once again, but I was back home over the weekend, and then stayed there until, well, Wednesday morning, so I was slightly cut off from the ol' internet as well as being drunk a bit far too often with Matt.

So, I finally touched down back at university after a hellish 3 hour train ride (They actually cancelled my train. Not even delayed. Well, it was delayed, by about forty minutes, then they cancelled it. Fuckers. So I used about three different trains to transport me to Norwich instead, giving increasingly angry and sarcastic explanations to the various conductors and whatnot on my way up. I'm convinced that none of them were being paid enough to deal with that. So, where was I? Oh yeah.)

Right, I got back to my festering hole of a room, and I've got a fresh and lovely copy of Empire: Total War waiting for me. I mean, I knew that this game would effectively consume my life when I pre-ordered it, but man, I've never been so right about something before. I can't stop playing this game, and I haven't really done much yet. Apart from declare war on France, conquer half of Canada, and take over Florida while brutally murdering Cherokees. Goddamn I love this game. Even if it is taking up literally all of my free time.

Anyway, now I've got to go on some kind of sailing club boys social because James is afraid of them, and apparently I'm a magical social lubricant. This should be interesting, although moreso if James would actually answer his phone, the absolute BASTARD.

----------------
Now playing: Portishead / Glory Box

No comments: