Wednesday 17 March 2010

Right, blogging at work.

Man, there's a whole new level of dork that I'm discovering within myself here. I mean, I'm working in IT, and now I'm updating my blog on the internet while I should be working.

Clearly, I have made some bad decisions in my life.

So, anyway, it's the international day of drinking Guinness and saying something like 'Well, my Great-Grandfather was like, a quarter Irish, so that makes today a national holiday for me' and then drinking ten million pints of green beer and throwing up on someone. This always seemed like a curious holiday to be celebrating in the UK, given that we really don't need the excuse to go to the pub and drink heavily. We already have a whole range of excuses, like "Footy is on telly, let's go to the pub and watch it" or "It is [unwilling friend]'s birthday, let's drag him to the pub and force booze down his throat" or even the popular "Today is pub day. Let's do it."

The only appreciable difference that I expect to face tonight it shamrock decorations, silly hats and a more difficult time in getting to the bar.

Oh, that, and I actually won't have spent all day drinking, which is a first in about four years I think. Instead, I'm running from lunch beers, and then a few quick tins in the late hours of work and on the train up to the pub this evening. It promises to be an okay night. Hopefully I won't have to murder anyone.

No comments: