Monday 8 February 2010

On this day...

February the 8th. A date which will live in infamy. I know, I know, you're racking your brains, or even googling or wiki'ing to find out what's so damn important about this date. Well, there are a few things, like the execution of Mary, Queen of Scots, or the first radio in the White House, or the opening of the NASDAQ for the very first time, or even, sadly, the last night-time launch of the Space Shuttle. However, as momentous as these moments in history may be, none of them even begin to compare to the truly blessed event that occurred today.

I finally got away from AOL, and switched to BT Broadband. It is truly a wonderful and amazing time. No longer am I under the oppressive shackles of the evil tyrant, AOL. I am now under the whims of a slightly less oppressive tyrant, who has tripled my broadband speed.

I think I had a point here somewhere. I think it was something to do with the notion that the entire time that I've had a computer, it's been connecting to the internet through AOL, except for those brief, halcyon days at University when I got to tangle with true power, like the 20MB offered by Virgin Media.

Anyway, I want to avoid this sounding too much like an advert, or at the very least, like positive endorsements of any of the aforementioned companies. What you should mainly be getting here is that AOL is terrible, simply awful, a blight and a cancer on society, and that I am finally free. I couldn't possibly be happier.

No comments: