Tuesday 19 January 2010

Butt Metal

Have you heard of a band called Steel Panther? They are truly the greatest band. This is because they take all the best attributes of 80's bands, the hilarious hair, the indulgent guitar solos, the overly emotional sweet songs that are actually totally about sex, and then turns them all the way up to eleven.

For example, in the song Community Property, we start with this sappy acoustic guitar, and a dude singing 'I would give you the stars in the sky/But they're too far away' which is all very nice, then we shift into 'If you were a hooker, you'd know/I'd be happy to pay' and we know something's changed, especially when followed up with 'If suddenly you were a guy/I'd be suddenly gay. Still, it's a love song, if a bit unconventional and humorous. Then we hit the chorus.

'Cause my heart belongs to you
My love is pure and true
My heart belongs to you
But my cock is community property

And oh man, you just know you're in for a treat.

Still, the only way to truly appreciate fine music is to listen. So, go forth, and embrace the majesty that is...STEEL PANTHER

No comments: