Wednesday 10 December 2008

Day Sixty Four: A matter of urgent importance

This right here pretty much sums up why I could never live in America. I can visit, sure, and I'll always have a great love for the country I was born in. But holy fuck, an article in The Wall Street Journal dealing with the "controversy" that Obama uses a Zune instead of an iPod?

Yeah, fuck that shit.

And the fact that someone in the Obama camp had to release a statement to placate the rabid Apple fanboys who were presumably calling for blood over this hateful deceit is maybe the worst thing of all. Although, on second thoughts, Apple fanboys are maybe the most frighteningly devoted people in the world, worse than the Firefly fanboys, worse than the Coke vs Pepsi lot, even worse than the insane Harry/Hermione shippers. It's a worrying state of affairs.

So, I'm actually writing this from the past, because I won't be posting this until Wednesday morning at some point. That's right, my procrastination has reached the point where I am updating my blog purely to put off doing work. What a terrible situation to be in. At least I haven't started updating 4 times a day though. That'd just be sad.

So, hopefully at this crazy time when this will be up, I'll have written more than 500 words and actually be close to finishing. I can probably edit that in later. It's a weird situation this.

Anyway, onwards to work!

Edit: Yeah, not so much with the finishing of the essay. Still, it's Wednesday morning, I've got over half my essay done, and it's not due in until 3pm on Thursday. This might be some kind of record for me.
----------------
Now playing: The Charlatans / The Only One I Know

No comments: