Tuesday 9 December 2008

Day Sixty Three: SPECIAL EARLY MORNING EDITION

Firstly, holy fucking shit yes! Man, this Christmas, TV is going to rock. We've got new Doctor Who, new Wallace & Gromit, and now new Shooting Stars. I'm not moving from the front of my telly this year.

Secondly, have I mentioned before how essay writing really sucks? It's even worse when you've just finished one, because you're suddenly confronted by this expanse of blank page, and you've got to somehow find a way to fill it.

Writers may talk about the joy of writing and how they look on blank paper as a challenge. Fuck that. Writing is hard.You've got to....um....fill up space.


With words.


Which can be tricky.


But still, it's always good to have something to motivate you. In my case, it's the promise of a shit load of beer and excessive partying at the end of this week. Hopefully starting Wednesday, I'll have my essays finished, so it's pub that evening. Then, on Thursday, I'll be drinking myself into a coma with one of my best buddies from home as the Vengaboys play at the LCR. I can't promise that I won't throw VKs at them. My instincts may just take over. And then on Friday, I'm having a wicked awesome house party with another one of my best mates from home, along with a load of other lovely people, and there's going to be 4-player N64, and 2 player wireless Frets on Fire, and so, so much beer that I will likely manage to collapse and pass out before we even reach midnight.

Just, y'know, gotta get past that whole writers block thing.

Fuck you essay.

----------------
Now playing: The Lonely Island / Jizz In My Pants

No comments: