Friday 5 December 2008

Day Sixty One: Hmm.

I've had a number of people nag me to check out Vitamin String Quartet now, so I've been doing that this evening. I've got to say, it was time well spent. (Youtube them, they are awesome.)

Vitamin String Quartet is the collective name for a group of tribute albums which reinterpret alternative rock by playing it in a string quartet. It's fucking awesome. I always really enjoyed it when rock took on classical music, so to have it come from the other direction was pretty damn cool.

That said, I cannot find any decent torrents for them. I know, to recognise work I like I should actually buy it, but I'm far too poor to be doing that at the moment. Christmas presents, on the other hand, would seem to be quite well sorted.

Also, I thought I'd put up an advance warning now for next week. Not only do I have two major essay deadlines for the 11th, but I also have to deal with the stress of turning 21 on the 12th, as well as having two of my best mates come up here to party with me. Needless to say, it's going to be a sleepless, drunken, and generally fuzzy couple of days. So, don't be surprised if my entries for next week are even less coherent that usual. It's probably due to the cocktail of substances that will be sustaining me through the next week.

See you on the other side!

----------------
Now playing: Sweet Diss and the Comebacks / Dunder and Dwightning

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Number of people? You mean me then?

Andrew Anderson said...

And Callum.

So, the number of people would be like two then.

Anonymous said...

Did I not tell you first?