Friday 6 February 2009

Day Eighty Four: In which I apologise for my lapse in updates.

So, yeah, the last time I updated was Wednesday the 4th. Not exactly great for my weekly updating thing. Anyway, I'm sorry and all that. I got into kind of a funk over Thursday and Friday, but had my spirits lifted by a most excellent weekend. I don't want to go into too many details, but lets just say that both Beer and Back to the Future figured heavily in it. It was good.

So, Saturday was already panning out to be pretty awesome, with a sixties themed retro night on at the LCR. But then, me and James went up to Chris' place to do a bit of Rock Band 2 and heavy drinking beforehand, and the night got just a little bit more special. We finally got to the LCR after I'd done some serious vocal rocking (Fuck yeah, I sang Duran Duran and it was beautiful) and James had played the drums to his normal level of competence as he does with every other Guitar Hero or Rock Band related game, and man, it was pretty darn awesome. The sixties music was in full swing, and man, I had some serious moves that night. It was a very good evening.

Sunday rolls round, and I'm reminded by Lauren that we're doing our Back to the Future marathon that evening, something that I think we first talked about waaay back in the first year when we met in the launderette at 4am. Yes, it's taken us that long to get round to it. We are organised people.

And yeah, Back to the Future still continues to rock my socks every time I watch it, but Part II will probably always be the best, and it remains a textbook example of how to properly do a sequel, along with Empire Strikes Back and Aliens. With Part III, yes, there is a slight drop in quality, but it's still a better third film than, let's say, Return of the Jedi thanks to the magical powers of COWBOYS. Because, well, fuck yeah cowboys. Also, exploding trains.

Oh shit, I nearly forgot, despite Heroes sucking, well, really hard this season, I'm okay with it. Because Battlestar Galactica is absolutely rocking my world at the moment, and totally makes up for it. Just as a completely random example, here's a sample of last weeks episode.

If you see that, and don't think it's the best, then fair enough. But if you see that in context and don't think it's the greatest thing ever, then you are, indeed, dead to me.

Also, just when I thought Doctor McNinja couldn't get any more awesome, turns out they hired Nedroid as their new colourist. In other awesome related news, The Lonely Island's debut album comes out today. Let me assure you, it is ball-flatteningly fantastic.

----------------
Now playing: Weezer / Pork and Beans

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=55268515212&h=XSAnG&u=Jhumz

this is so fucking hilarious i just came, twice.