Tuesday 17 February 2009

Day Eighty Nine: INCREDIBAD, PT1

So, the debut album from The Lonely Island dudes came out a couple days ago, and I've been listening it to it near continuously since then. I mean, I've mentioned before about how cool it is to see these dudes make it big, especially after seeing them start out from something like this. Anyway, now I've listened the absolute crap out of this album, I thought I'd go through and review that shit. So, here we go:

Who Said We're Wack

Great opening track, and it's actually getting better each time I listen to it. An awesome opener, and if you like it, you'll love the rest of the album.

Santana DVX (feat. E-40)

First mention of the Santana DVX, and also the first guest contributor on the album. My favourite bit is when the dudes introduced it to someone, and the massive distorted OOHHH SHIIIIIT

Jizz in My Pants

Fantastic bit of comedy, which I've had for a while before the album came out, and it's pure quality. Also, I just thought I'd mention that flicking through the music channels last night, this actually came on and completely weirded out the two people I was with, while I giggled like an insane bastard.

I'm on a Boat (feat. T-Pain)

Massive props to T-Pain for being so willing to take the piss out of his own music. And man, everything about this track just speaks to this. Second mention of the Santana as well. Kiv absolutley fucking rocks on this song as well. Also, "FUCK TREES I CLIMB BUOYS MOTHERFUCKER" is beautiful.

Sax Man (feat. Jack Black)

This is pretty much just a Tenacious D track in the middle of the album, and that's no bad thing. Musically, I think it's pretty awesome. Just gotta love that Bass. Also, the quiet way that Black says "what the fuck are you doing?" is great.

Lazy Sunday (feat. Chris Parnell)

When this first did it's massive rounds all over the net the first time it was out I didn't really care for it that much. I mean, I thought it was pretty good, but nothing particuarly amazing. But man, it's grown on me so much. "GONNA GET TAKEN TO A DREAMWORLD OF MAGIC"

Normal Guy (Interlude)

This is one of those little random sketches that the dudes used to do back in the day, and it's pretty great. Third mention of Santana here as well, which made me giggle endlessly. Jorma is great in this.

Boombox (feat. Julian Casablancas)

Maybe my favourite track on the album at the moment, although that might change. Just the contant escalation of the track, and the repeated mentions of 'BOILED GOOOOOSE' make it fantastic. Plus, it's got the lead singer from The Strokes. And I fucking love The Strokes.

Shrooms (Interlude)

Another sketch one on here, and it's only 30 seconds long, but it's a great little piece of absolutely random techno.

And, well, this post is getting too long, so I'm going to continue this tomorrow.

----------------
Now playing: The Lonely Island / Shrooms (Interlude)

No comments: