Monday 2 February 2009

Day Eighty One: NEEEEEEERD!

Okay, so I might be moving even further past the dork horizon. I mean, I'm already pretty far gone, in that when people ask me if I've seen the latest ubuntu release, I don't respond that "I'm not that into Pokemon"

After all, I built my own computer! (Well, stood around and made knowing comments while Matt wired together my motherboard) That aside, I know what the hell I'm doing in there now. I can replace most major components in a PC without technical assistance, and I'm mostly competent in terms of software as well, or at least the software that 85% of people use. I can find my way around windows with the best of them. Having to start with Windows ME was probably a big help in that respect.

But man, I think I'm starting to cross the geek line into full-blown nerd.


-I had a five minute, completely un-ironic conversation about the flash memory into RAM function on Windows, and how it was totally awesome.

-I also ordered a headset. It's a full-blown nerd purchase, done only so I can better yell at Polish dudes who I'm playing Left 4 Dead with. It's extremely fucking dorky.

-Finally, I found this collection of videos, which is mainly edited together clips of The Next Generation, and it is, of course, hilarious, as only repeated footage of Data being headbutted by a Klingon can be, but the worrying thing is that I could identify which episodes the clips were from.

It's just too much. I'm going to need to go watch some football, or something like that. Just, damn.

----------------
Now playing: Glen Campbell / Wichita Lineman