Friday 30 January 2009

Day Eighty: Actually sounds really weird when you say it out loud, doesn't it?

Man, that was a pretty fucking awesome night.

It started with several beers and good pizza with James, while we watched Taken, which I must point out right now is a fucking ball-flatteningly awesome film. The moral might only be "Don't kidnap Liam Neesons's daughter, because he will royally fuck up you and anyone else involved, but it's still a lesson I think we can all take to heart.

So, many beers later, we were joined by Lauren and Emily, and played the most schizophrenic collection of music ever. Goddamn youtube. Although, apparently I thought enough of some of these to post them on my facebook. Who knew?

Staggering away from that, we went to Sarah's digs to wish her a very merry birthday, and for James to present her with a cake. Because he's a total fag like that.

Anyway. Eventually we get out to the LCR, and it's a mixed bag, in terms of the tunes. James has a word with the dude who has influence, but it is not greatly successful. But that doesn't matter, because soon enough I'm drunk enough that anything with ever a vaguely danceable beat is now THE BEST SONG EVER.

Eventually I get to the point where I want to fall over and die, so I head outside, running into Thom. Now, I previously mentioned Thom as the godless swine who gave me mulled wine on my birthday, effectively removing all memories past drinking it. But, and this is partially due to the umbrage he took as a result of this, I'd just like to clarify that Thom is pretty fucking awesome, and I think he's genuinely cool. Even if he has removed his dreadlocks of power.

Eventually wandering back inside with Emily, we proceeded to tear the shit out of the dancefloor, rocking to any number of absolutely terrible songs before the close. So, bus back home, then I ended up wandering across the road where there was some lovely spooning with Sarah in Rachel's bed, before Lauren gave me a cheese toasty to finish off the night.

And now I'm back home wearing absolutely nothing, and giggling endlessly to myself because I'm listening to Prince and remembering that the bad guy's main henchman in Taken looks unerringly familiar to him.

Heh.

----------------
Now playing: Prince / 1999

No comments: