Wednesday 14 January 2009

Day Sixty Nine: HUR SIXTY NINE LOL

Man, I was different kinds of drunk last night. And I've no idea what that rambling about Spaced being my desktop background was.

Though I do have clear memories of trying to minimise it and being unable to, and my desktop icons being in the way of Simon Peggs face. So I don't know.

Anyway, I'm getting quite excited because this weekend sees the relaunch of pretty much all of the shows that I watch in the States. Not only is The Office back, but we've also got the final block of the Battlestar Galactica season four coming too.

(Have I talked before about Galactica? It's awesome. Robots, nukes, and most of humanity getting wiped out in the opening episode. Plus the Presidents wife from Independence Day as the actual president, which is pretty cool. It's sort of like what I always wanted Star Trek to be, but unfortunately Trek either never had the budget for wicked cool explosions every week or the main cast managed to be boring and lame. We never got both at the same time. But Galactica rocks. Bears beat Battlestar Galactica however. FACT. And now close brackets)

Scrubs has returned as well, with a block of four episodes in the space of about three days, and it's looking surprisingly good so far thanks to a distinct lack of the network rapage and the fact that because the budget has been cut they have to focus on actually writing the episode well and avoiding JD's trips into fantasy land. Seriously, it was reaching Family Guy levels by the end of the last season, which is just terrible. But I'm liking this new season so far.

And, of course, we've got Heroes coming back as well, which is both a good and bad thing, as it's maybe one of the worst shows on, and yet something keeps dragging me back to it. Maybe it's because I really love Masi Oka. Or because we've got Spock in it. (Although, he's been killed off, right? Which probably means he'll be back as the surprise big bad for the finale.)

Anyway, thanks to this, you can expect even more incomprehensible rambling about TV that you havn't watched in the future.

Yaaay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEVdca9U9LM

New Lonely Island Bitchnizzle.