Tuesday 20 January 2009

Day Seventy Two: Some things happened today.

I am going to list them in reverse order, because that's just how I roll. And also I'm planning on getting all gay and political at the end, so I'd rather save that. So.

I saw Twilight today with Kate and Emily. I'd been wary about seeing this because it looked, to put it bluntly, fucking terrifyingly bad. And man, I was not disappointed. This is a new triumph in awful cinema. I mean, there were parts, mainly involving the father, that stood out as great, not least because they were actually intentionally funny. But then, when there's a ten minute scene with Vampire Fucking Baseball, then I started to waver. I'll admit that the film was partially saved by the beers that I snuck in. And there was also that one scene where a girl commented that a dress made her boobs look fantastic, and I could do nothing but completely agree with her. Personally, the most hilarious thing is watching Robert Pattison doing interviews. He looks totally scared and confused by the entire thing. Also, download .flv player or whatever you have to do to watch that clip. It's worth it to hear Pattison call the character that he plays (one of the two protagonists) a complete moron.

I also saw Frost/Nixon today, and it was pretty cool and interesting. A film like this is kind of tricky to recommend to people, given that it's targeting a very specific audience, especially within this country. It is worth seeing at some point, however, just because the dude who plays Nixon is pretty fantastic at what he does. Also good was noticing that Michael Sheen has to work really hard to avoid turning into Tony Blair throughout. Plus, Sam Rockwell! I love that dude!

And then, the big thing that happened today. At the inauguration today, the announcer dude totally flubbed his line! Man what a dick. I bet he wanted to die there and then. Massive worldwide audience, 2 million hearing him speak live, and he stutters while introducing a senator. I hope he doesn't go home and feel bad.

But yeah, woo Obama!

Although I do notice that chocolate money has not been falling from the sky and I have not yet been given my flying car, as expressly laid out within his campaign promises.

Man, that Obama guy is a dick.

Although thank God George Bush Jr. is no longer president. I mean, seriously? That guy? What happened there, huh America? Sounds like you got some explaining to do.

----------------
Now playing: The Animals / House Of The Rising Sun

No comments: