Friday 23 January 2009

Day Seventy Five: Bleh

I know I was at a house party last night. There's no beer in my fridge, and I've got new pizza boxes and takeaway menus in my room. I also woke up with an open and completely undrunk can of coke next to my bed. That proved useful in getting up this morning.

Oh yeah, so I found this on youtube. Streetfighter, as played out by those little video links that you can click on within videos now. It's worth playing through once just to appreciate the insane amount of work that's gone into it.

Man, I am still far too hungover to deal with any of this.

Also, I can't stop playing this. It's like Left 4 Dead, except actually constant zombies, and you can't run away.

And seriously, Left 4 Dead is actually the best online multiplayer game I've played. I've been far too used to all this 2142 and Halo nonsense, where I'm fighting against teenaged Asian kids who've been playing the game since it was released for 21 hours a day, and can headshot you from 2000 yards away using a pistol. In that respect, Left 4 Dead is a lovely contrast. It's like being in school, the group has to move at the pace of the slowest kid. If ThUnDeRcOcK_69 from Germany is being retarded and gets eaten by a zombie, everyone else has to stop and help, otherwise they're all screwed. It's a brilliant system, this forced teamwork.

The only problem is the horrifying imbalances that can happen in Verses mode. If you're up against a team who know how to properly use the zombies, and you've got three mouthbreathers who can barely walk unassisted then you're probably screweed. But Left 4 Dead is the only online shooter that's still fun, even when you're losing. That's how well is works.

So, what you need to do is buy it and start playing. Add me via Steam (Aceaz5) and let's get some games going.

Alternatively, if you've already got me on Steam, then, dude, we seriously need to play more!

No comments: