Friday 13 February 2009

Day Eighty Seven: Yeah, it's Valentine's Day tomorrow.

I mean, really, is there a worse holiday? It's miserable for single people. It's expensive for couples. It's absolutely sickening for everyone involved, and it's abominable that it exists. However, it has provided me with a great excuse to get terrifyingly and completely steamingly drunk tomorrow. I'm meeting up with James and Chris at about three, and we're going to start drinking and never stop. At around 10.30/11 we're going to head to the LCR to take part in the standard single guys Valentine's Day ritual. Basically, we hit on depressed and lonely girls who are out that night as well, or we throw up on them. Either way, we have a system. It works.

Also, The Office feels really weird at the moment. I think it's because since they resolved the Dwight / Angela / Andy plot line they haven't really had, well, anything as the main plotline. There needs to be something major happening soon, otherwise I may stop getting up really early to download the episodes. Instead, I'll be switching to the routine that I currently employ for Heroes, which is download it at whenever the hell o' clock, and watch it begrudgingly, almost out of routine.

It's lucky that Battlestar Galactica is still currently throwing out awesome episodes week after week, otherwise we'd be in real trouble. And I guess it's good that Scrubs has hit a new stride as well, and is actually genuinly good agiain. And of course, 30 Rock continues to surprise me every day with it's continued fantasticness. So, guess we're okay at the moment. I just wish The Office would start being brilliant again.

(Warning, the above post may be completely incomprehensible to those of you who don't download the vast majority of your TV.)

----------------
Now playing: The Lonely Island / Sax Man (feat. Jack Black)

1 comment:

katherine said...

I'm proud that I can relate to all of these :D