Tuesday 24 February 2009

Day Ninety Three: Distractions

So yeah, rough couple of nights with not much sleep, drinking too much and just generally feeling like hell. But, at the end of all of that, I find myself sitting here, only two pieces of work before the end of university (One essay and an exam! Holy shit!) and nothing much to do for a few weeks until I enter my various panicky states regarding those particular things.

This now means I'm finding things to occupy my time, because unlike Kate, I can actually enjoy my free time spent doing nothing. (I'm not kidding, the woman has a whole day off for the first time in ages and by the time the afternoon rolled around she was moaning that she was bored. Honestly. You're doing nothing. Enjoy it.) I've started with the Empire: Total War Demo, which actually worried me for a bit until I read this thread on the total war community forums, which went a tremendous way to relieving me. That, and fiddling with the game files to reduce the loading times of around half an hour to a more reasonable 30 seconds. Which was nice.

Obviously, I've still been kicking various kinds of ass around on Left 4 Dead, and it's still one of the best online gaming experiences I've had, like, ever. Had an awesome moment yesterday when I was on a team that was absolutely dominating the other on versus. The other guys all decided to quit just before the finale, leaving this poor guy by himself against all four of us. So, after swearing profusely, he teamkilled all his computer friends, typed "FUCK THOSE FAGS IM DOING IT MYSELF" and charged straight for the roof to take on all of us. And, credit where credit's due, the man killed two hunters singlehandedly. Unfortunaly, I was the third, and my tackle was so placed that it actually sent both of us over the edge of the roof, crashing all the way to the bottom of the tower. It was fucking badass.

----------------
Now playing: Peter Gabriel - Down To Earth

1 comment:

katherine said...

You are such a loser.
Computer games are so GAAAY!