Monday 29 September 2008

Day Eleven: Video Game Extravaganza

So, it's the end of the first week of term. Time to really buckle down, get started on work and just generally start getting up before midday, right?

WRONG.

Instead, I spent the weekend buying games. Thanks to the godly miracle of Steam when combined with my Virgin media broadband of Glory(tm), I've downloaded about ten games over the course of the weekend, all for about £20. I love the conversion rate between pounds and dollars.

Thanks to some crazy deal that was on, all Rockstar games were half price, so I've bought a massive collection, including all the Grand Theft Auto lot, and both Max Payne games. I also grabbed Crysis: Warhead, because if there's one thing I like, it's ludicrously demanding games for my uber-PC. Now, the one issue that's quite prevalent with buying games is that it generally takes absolute fucking ages to download anything, thanks to relatively slow broadband speeds and the fact that most games are reaching the ludicrous size of around ten gigs now. However, cable broadband appears to be the future, because I left about thirty gigs worth of game downloading over last night, and it's almost all finished now. This is ridiculous. I really would like a legal alternative to downloading films, because the urge to open up utorrent and download the entire internet just keeps getting stronger. This is a bad thing.

Anyway, as I'll be failing my degree because I'm spending my time playing video games instead of working, expect some kind of update centered around what it's been like playing these things after so long on my beast of a machine.

Also, new Heroes tomorrow, so expect some more rambling nonsense about that!

1 comment:

ForniKate said...

Failing your degree?? MEGA FAIL.