Monday 15 September 2008

Day One: The Challenge is laid down.

Hi there.

My name is Andrew Anderson, and I am a Film and English Student at UEA.

I've had a couple of blogs/websites in the past, and while I generally enjoy writing them, I inevitably get bored, forget to update, and the the site slowly, and painfully, dies. So, it is with this in mind that I have decided to try again, but this time, with enforced rules.

1: I will update this blog, at least once a day, for the next year.

2: Each update will have at least 250 words, be legible, sane, and vaguely interesting. Even if I define 'interesting' as 'stuff only I care about or am interested in'

3: Links, either to other sites or youtube or any of that shit are only permitted if I write about them. A link instead of content is not acceptable.

4: Am I up to 250 words yet?

No? Right, okay then. You might ask, imaginary reader, why I am doing this. Well, it's simple. I'd like to be a writer of some kind one day. The only problem is that I'm lazy. Well, not so much lazy as totally unable to commit to some kind of regular schedule. If I get the urge, I can write, and ramble on for quite some time, but its forcing myself to sit in front of the computer and actually do something productive that's the issue. So, I'm setting down this challenge for myself, in the hopes that it will actually get me motivated, more willing to write, and ultimately, actually improve my writing abilities.

So, why is this called 'The Useless Ambition'?

Because I'm pretty sure I'll break down and go insane within the first week of trying to do this.

In that eventuality, I'll film the mental breakdown and put it up instead.

1 comment:

IaSg14 said...

Wow. Not only did I start my blog only four days before yours, but I'm also very lazy, trying to do a blog post every day AND aiming to become a writer for T.V. and film when I grow up (I'm 16).
Anyway, hi. I'm trying to make new friends over Blogspot because I don't get very many readers, and since we sound quite similar in overall ambitions and goals, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind me following your blog, or vice versa?
Have you written anything else? What are your interests (you may have to respond to my blog)?