Thursday 25 September 2008

Day Nine: Sex and the City

I feel...unusual. I just watched Sex and the City. It was weird. I mean, I've watched girly films before. I saw Hairspray on the big screen. This was different though. This was...proto-girl. This was the ultimate girly film. It was like watching a broadcast from an alien world.

Is this what girls feel like after watching something like Rambo?

Bizarre.

Anyway, classes sort of officially started today. I had a screening yesterday, but that probably doesn't count. Even though I consider Film Studies an actual, proper subject, I still have trouble qualifying watching Duck Amuck and Steamboat Willie as work.

Today was Politics and Popular Culture, which is essentially a repeat of my Politics and Mass Media course from last year, which itself was pretty much a jumped up version of the module I did in the term before that, Construction of News. I'm not saying it's a bad thing that I'm essentially repeating the same module over and over again. The grades I get only get better, as I'm being tested on the same stuff over and over again, and I love the guy who has taught us for the last two times. In fact, fuck, this is awesome!

So tomorrow is Popular Animation, where we'll discuss, Daffy Duck and Micky Mouse in very serious terms. It's going to be great. More importantly though, the new series of the American Office will air overnight, so I'll be watching that tomorrow. That will be fantastic.

Oh, as an aside, you should really watch Steamboat Willie. It's scary how insane Mickey appears to be to animals. I'm talking swinging a cat by it's tail around a room insane.

Once you've done that you should watch What's Opera Doc?, because it's just fucking awesome.

No comments: