Thursday 13 November 2008

Day Forty Four: CAPITALS

Seriously, what's up with that? The last two entries have been in all caps. That is not cruise control for cool, no matter what anyone says.

So, anyway, I think I'm actually gay now. I spent last night watching Jeffrey, a charming drama/comedy about gay men in New York. It was, um, unusual. There were bizarre breaks of the forth wall, and Scrubs-esque fantasy sequences. It also had that charming mid-nineties thing where things have become slightly offensive now we've gotten rid of notions of proper political correctness. Like this, for instance.

It also features one of the greatest performances ever by Patrick Stewart as Jeffreys best friend, and also the gayest man to ever gay a gay. It's superb, better than as Xavier. Or even as Picard. Absolutely fantastic stuff.

Although I went into this film on the basis that, holy shit, Picard is gaying it up to the max, it surprised me by how well it deals with some of the issues in this film. AIDs, for example, becomes the focal point for why Jeffrey is swearing off sex, but the films deals with it in an incredibly sensitive way.

Eventually.

I mean, if you watched the opening ten minutes and been terrified and stopped watching, you'd probably come away from this film with a far different opinion that me. But still, holy shit, gay Picard!

Also, in the second "My God I'm gay now" theme, Callum decided to update my status yesterday evening as "Andrew is a huge homosexual. Yeh, damn right." which promted about seven responsed within the hour. Which concerns me. Holy hell, how many people are worrying about me being gay?

Because whatever the number is, I guarantee it's gone up by a couple since yesterday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are you bringing home your first boyfriend?

ForniKate said...

i'm you're boyfriend now

Andrew Anderson said...

YOU USED THE WRONG KIND OF "YOUR".

I HATE YOU SO MUCH.

WE ARE BREAKING UP RIGHT NOW.