Friday 7 November 2008

Day Forty: Wow, Day Forty? Really?

So,I think we've all agreed that the episode of South Park that came out not even a day after the presidential race was over was facerockingly awesome, right?

I mean, not only was it hugely impressive from a technical standpoint, given that they were using direct quotes from speeches delivered twenty hours before the air date, but it also had the clear advantage in that it was absolutely, ball-flatteningly hilarious. Palin, switching from her Alaskan accent to a British one? Great. McCain, dressed as a footballer for no reason at all? Fantastic. Hell, Obama and McCain hi-fiving after the magic and historical speech? Pure genius. Best of all, though, was Randy, and his yelling of 'Looooosers!', across the street. The longer this show goes on, the more likely I think that Stan's Dad is heading towards being the main character. Which is no bad thing. Because it's hilarious.

Also, I'm looking around online after the latest episode of the Office, and some people don't seem to be feeling sympathetic for Dwight. Which is insane. I mean, sure, technically he's cuckolding Andy, and is actively attempting to sabotage a marriage, but god-dammit, Andy is fucking crazy. He punched a hole through a wall. I think I know where this particular arc is headed, and since the location of the wedding has been revealed, it's making me very excited about where the rest of the season is headed.

Anyway, I'm going home now. Actually Home home, not to my house at university. Because it's been far too long, and I'm actually starting to miss Home, sad and lame as that might be. See you all after the weekend!

----------------
Now playing: David Bowie / Life On Mars?

1 comment:

ForniKate said...

i didn't know you were going home... or did i? was that for callum's birthday?