Monday 17 November 2008

Day Forty Six: Things from the Intertubes

I did not have a productive weekend at all.

Admittedly, I did go out for a rather good night on Saturday for Terri's birthday, although the exact details are somewhat fuzzy given the copious amounts of booze that I consumed. I do remember berating Emily at length for taking so long to get ready, whhile playing some good Frets on Fire with Callum, finally leaving, and then on arriving at Terri's, realising I didn't have a couple of important things. Like keys. Or my wallet. Because I'm an idiot.

I did remember my beer, however. I might get drunk and stupid, but I never forget the important things.

So, waking up on Sunday, hungover and tired, I find myself unable to do anything of value.

Right. Bottle of water and internet. It's a well travelled path, but it works.

What did I find? Well, THIS.

It's a webcam that looks at five puppies. That might not sound too impressive, but damn, those be some cute puppies. And I kept that tab open for a good five hours while I pottered about my room, doing pretty much nothing at all. It was very nice.

Then, I stumbled onto this.

Have I mentioned before that PETA seriously piss me off? I mean, I might disagree with vegetarianism on a personal level, but I don't create entire spoof flash games to better illustrate how evil thanksgiving is. I mean, that's just insane. Besides, eggs that bleed? I think PETA are so far away from reality that I want to eat even more meat, just to annoy them. Fuckers.

Of course, we've learned that cows and such are actually responsible for a whole quarter of methane emissions, which actually makes eating meat bad for the environment. Which is really fucking annoying, but luckily, the answer to this pressing issue has come from Australia.

We'll eat Kangaroos instead. Fuckin' A. That'll do nicely. Fuck all the hippies, we'll keep eating meat, and save the environment at the same time!

So, here I am on Monday night, watching Barack Obama's post-election interview on 60 minutes, still with absolutely no work done.

The internet is a harsh mistress, but damn if it isn't a good way to waste time.

----------------
Now playing: Jimi Hendrix / Voodoo Child

Edit: Okay, I just beat the game, and I still disagree with it, but man, this picture is lovely. While still being horrible, of course.

No comments: