Wednesday 8 October 2008

Day Eighteen: I AM TIRED AND CANNOT THINK OF A TITLE

Seriously, I was completely knackered today. I decided to go to the bar for a drink with my old housemate Damien, which turned into a goddamn pitcher of beer, and then several Jack Daniels and Cokes, which holy shit, are still £1.80, and therefore cheaper than beer. WHY DID NO-ONE TELL ME THIS?

Anyway, I think I decided around half an hour after I got to the bar that I was going to head upstairs to continue partying, and a half hour after that I wandered upstairs to get my ticket, being the completely prepared and organised motherfucker that I am.

Fun Fact: When the LCR opens at 10 on a fancy dress night, they give out free shit. It's so rare that I ever see this, given that usually, I'm either too drunk, or arrive too late because I'm too drunk. So, I go up at ten, and set my eyes on this beauty:


FUCK YES

So, I ended up rocking this hat for the rest of the evening, and getting so very drunk and spending so much money that I actually had to ask Kate for a fucking glass of water. God, the shame. Damn fun night though.

The problem was, I got woken up at about 10.30 in the morning (This follows stumbling in, completely destroyed at 2am, and then spending the next three hours looking at random youtube videos and giggling to myself) by a phone call from a shitty cold calling agency that I'd signed up with the other day for a phone interview. I'm really not that passionate about calling people to offer them exciting new deals, but this is tempered by a severe need for money.

Apparently, I'm on form when I'm hungover, because I've been asked to come in for a full, proper job type interview. Although I suspect their screening process is not that intense. After all, I assume I just have to follow the script, and not mind when people ask me to kill myself.

In completely unrelated news, the cat who sort of lives in our house despite us never feeding it and infact mostly treat with disdain has shown us his political leanings.


I'm so proud.

----------------
Now playing: Sam & Dave / Soul Man

No comments: