Monday 27 October 2008

Day Thirty One: A couple of points.

Firstly, fuck yes to actually getting my essays done last night! I even got sleep, which I don't think I've done ever on an essay night at uni. So, woo yay me.

Secondly, holy shit, did you see Dead Set tonight?

Man, that was not only one of the best opening episodes to any series ever, but it also managed to combine some quality satire with brainsplosions. And that is something that I am all about. However, watching it did raise an issue that I have with Zombies in the media.

WARNING, THE REST OF THIS ENTRY WILL BE DEEPLY NERDY AND LAME. ONLY READ ON IF YOU THINK YOU CAN BEAR THE GEEKINESS, OR IF YOU REALLY LIKE ZOMBIES.

Dead Set cheats here a bit, I think, by using fast zombies. Now, there are a couple schools of thought on this, but generally fast zombies are really, really fucking easy to make scary. Whereas, the art of making the traditional, slow and shambling zombie is, well, just that, an art. Slow Zombies aren't scary because of their individual nature, you need a massive crowd of them, so that you get wave after wave of the fuckers. While fast zombies are dangerous on an individual level, you need a group of slow zombies to freak you out righteously.

So, yeah, I'm not saying it's bad or anything. After all, 28 days used fast zombies and it was one scary motherfucking film. I'm just saying, it'd be lovely to have a shambling horde of slow zombies attacking the Big Brother house.

Anyway.

----------------
Now playing: Liam Lynch / Rapbot

No comments: