Wednesday 15 October 2008

Day Twenty Three: Senseless rambing about not much in particular.

Today, I will talk about drinking.

I'm a fan of drinking, I will admit. It's fun, it's easy, and it enables me to better discuss matters of deep social importance with people I barely know. This is an important skill. Too often I have been trapped with people, unable to enlighten them with various eloquent and watertight reasons on why their particular stance on taxation is wrong, or how their chosen government is a terrible choice, and that they should feel terrible for choosing it.

Anyway.

I find that the most likely thing that I will discuss, while drinking of course, is just how drunk I, and everyone else is. It's fascinating, the way that we're drawn to arguing about how totally drunk one person is, or how another person is totally faking it, and they haven't had anything to drink, and, dude, I've totally had more shots of vodka than they have, man.

The point that I'm laboriously crawling towards is that drinking is a great activity. It reveals the true nature of a person, and more importantly, the true nature of the self. If you've ever had the experience of being by yourself while completely drunk, either walking home, or just unable to sleep, you'll know the feeling. It's a fabulous amount of introspection that goes into this, and it's at a level unprecedented when you're completely sober. Fuck all this Buddhist meditation and shit, what a person who is desperately seeking intuition into their soul really needs is a good night on the piss.

Basically, what I think people should do, rather than follow religion or politics or any of that, is get completely and horribly drunk instead. I think that everyone will feel a whole lot better for this. Also, we should all get naked.

Really naked.

Just better for everyone, y'know what I mean?

----------------
Now playing: Dirty Pretty Things / Bang Bang You're Dead

1 comment:

ForniKate said...

You don't have many blogs about tea, despite being such a fan of liquid refreshments.

FAIL.