Thursday 23 October 2008

Day Twenty Nine: Just a Placeholder

I'll be throwing up a larger update later on tonight/early in the morning.

The reason for this is that I'm determined to finish my politics essay tonight, and taking a break to ramble incoherently for 250 words about South Park would distract me from rambling incoherently for 1000 words about The Office.

So, stay tuned. Also, I've no idea what the fuck this will do to my facebook feed, so I've got that to look forward to.

Edit: So, fresh from the wave of absolute bullshit that was my (finished!) essay, let's launch into a rambling bit about South Park. The latest episode was pretty fantastic. The inclusion of Craig into the group as a way to criticise the main four boys was a great way to actually pick apart these guys, and their place in the school. Then, later on, we got a Cloverfield parody that was absolutely inspired, taking the fear that film evoked and taking it a completely different way, made all the better thanks to it being in the hands of the most retarded character within the show, Randy. I'm pretty sure Stan's Dad is moving closer and closer to being another central character, as opposed to a character that makes up part of the background scenery, as most of the other parents do.

However, there is one pretty strong criticism that I'd make of this episode, which is that, around the middle of the episode, the plot pretty much stopped moving. When you realise that this is going on, the immediate reaction is to become annoyed, because you just know that this is going to be a two parter, and the rest of the episode is filler. Don't get me wrong, I think Parker and Stone are fucking brilliant at what they do, and they've done some fantastic multiple episode plotlines, including the frankly wonderful 'Imaginationland', which was actually a three parter. The problem is that while that felt that it had enough plot for three episodes, this just feels like a one episode concept that is going to be stretched out far too much over two.

Anyway. Now on to the next essay. Which is longer. And about four times harder.

Fuck.

----------------
Now playing: Lou Reed / Walk On The Wild Side

No comments: