Thursday 16 October 2008

Day Twenty Four: A revelation that will destroy your mind.

So, today in Politics and Popular Culture we discussed how all art, entertainment and media products are ultimately a product of the corporate machine, propagating an endless lie that we are happy and content, while not realising that ultimately, there is no creativity, and we'll eventually be absorbed by the corporate miasma of absolute crap.

After hearing about, seeing trailers for, and eventually seeing the box office results for Beverly Hills Chihuahua, I'm convinced. The world is doomed. God, I love my course.

But anyway, enough of the media controlling us all as mindless sheep, let's talk about something important.

I have started an essay that is not due in until the 27th of October. You must understand, that I have never done this in my entire University career. I've made an effort, in fact, to never start an essay until the last possible minute, then wait for an additional two hours, and then finally start it. So for me to actually be writing things down about this essay, that I intend to use, as well as doing some textual analysis on the subject of my essay, is nothing short of wrong.

Can you seriously believe that the fucking Chihuahua movie has been at #1 in the US Box Office for two weeks. That's so fucking awful.

Anyway. We've got an animation seminar tomorrow that will be dealing with 'limited' animation. The screening on Wednesday was really weird. I'd always considered things like Hong Kong Phooey and the Flintstones to be classic animation, but man, when we were watching them in the screening they dragged. I mean, they dragged a lot. Neither compared, however, to the might of the Star Trek Animated Series, which I believe was actually the result of a bed between a pair of producers over who could make a cartoon series for the least amount of cash. I think there were only about 5 minutes of moving animation in a cartoon that lasted for twenty. Even as an unabashed nerd, this was really fucking painful.

Also, have you seen the latest pictures from the new film? It looks fucking awesome! Spock should totally be using telekinesis and interfering with brains.

Anyway, the screening was eventually saved at the last minute by the healthy addition of Ren & Stimpy, which is awesome.

Finally, I'd like to leave you with this. It says more than I could ever say.


----------------
Now playing: Ritchie Valens / La Bamba

2 comments: