Monday 6 October 2008

Day Sixteen: The Day of not very much really.

Why do people send text messages to me at 7am?

Do they not know who I am? I'm lucky if I'm up at all before midday, let alone 7am. In all likelihood I'll have gone to bed just a few hours before. Terrible state of affairs.

Of course, when I finally wake up and call back, it's really helpful if you've turned your phone off. YOU IDIOT.

Anyway, all this aside, let's talk about this Lost thing. It's a TV show that a few people are excited about, so I thought I'd use the magic of piracy to get involved and start watching some of this thing. I'd caught a couple of episodes when it first started showing because 'omigod, you gotta check out this show, it'll blow your mind', but I'd never really paid it much mind because, well, I'm lazy. I've got the commitment to maybe watch one or two shows at a time, and I think at the time I was busy with, hell, futurama or south park or something more fun and entertaining than what I thought this was.

But now, having started rewatching the whole lot (after finishing my epic Doctor Who marathon. No kidding, every single episode since the 2005 relaunch, including all the specials and stuff. It's mighty good stuff.) it turns out, at least so far, that Lost rocks pretty hard. It's an excellent opening two parter for one, and it has the mark of a great show in that someone totally gets sucked through a jet engine.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to giving the rest of this a watch. Although, as I understand it, it's around the second season that it all turns crap anyway, so, y'know, we'll see.

----------------
Now playing: Earth Wind & Fire / That's The Way Of The World

No comments: