Thursday 9 October 2008

Day Nineteen: Man I am just crazy tired this week.

Honestly, I'll be so happy when this week is over. I'm just crazy tired at the moment. Still, only one more seminar to go, and the this week is done. And it's the animation seminar. This week we'll be discussing how Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit differs from conventional animation.

Then I guess we'll throw in some absurd and insane political interpretations of the film, because that appears to be what my seminars are all about at the moment. That's fine, I guess, but for once I'd like to spend a couple of hours not looking for Marxist interpretations of a film and instead just remark on how Gromit epitomises all that is good and wonderful about modern silent comedy. Man, some of the actions in the film, even the simple raise of an eyebrow, are simply fantastic.

Anyway, if you've ever played Oblivion, Morrowind, Everquest, World of Warcraft or anything in that sort of vein, you should download Progress Quest. It's a fantastic little program that operates as an awesome satire of all of the above games, as well as something that's quite nice to just run in the background. When you first boot it up, you'll choose your characters name, class, and race, before sorting their individual stats out. Finally, you click 'start game', and the magic begins. You see, this is an automatic RPG. And all it means is that instead of having to do all that tedious grinding, fighting and selling loot, you just watch your character do all this stuff for you, communicated in a lovely window. Here's my current character, Cohen, who's in the Bastard Lunatic class, and is a level 38 Half Man. And I have a +26 Heavy Venomed Broadsword. This cannot be overstated enough. This is a silly, pointless game. And I love it.

----------------
Now playing: The Box Tops / The Letter

No comments: