Wednesday 29 October 2008

Day Thirty Three: Dear me.

I'm still hungover as I'm typing this today. Last night was quite heavy. Extremely fun, of course, as the LGBT socials generally are, but still, my god. I was feeling it today. Jesus.

So, anyhow, have you been watching Dead Set? You really should be. It's fantastic. My drunken blogging aside last night, it truly is a fantastic show, and I wish that it was going to last longer than just this week. Imagine it, a fullblown series charting the zombie outbreak in Britain. Someone get these guys a miniseries on HBO.

The American election is worrying me. The polls and whatnot have Obama up, and he looks set to win this by a quite nice margin in the electoral college, but I'm still fucking nervous. I was worried back in '04, in my happy-go-lucky, Michael Moore tells me what is right state of affairs, and I'd have been glad for anyone to replace George, even though Kerry would have been a fucking terrible president.

The worst thing is, I'd have been happy for either McCain or Obama to become president up until recently. The problem with McCain is twofold, firstly, he hasn't really been able to run as himself, given that Obama far better represents change then he does, even though they've both broken ranks inside their individual parties.

Secondly, we have Sarah Palin. Jesus. Sarah Fucking Palin. The woman terrifies me more than George in his worst moments. Her public interviews terrify me. The woman does not read papers. When pushed, she couldn't name any. I like to think that even (still!) President Bush would be able to tell you what the fuck the New York Times was. Plus, admittedly, I do the tiniest crush on Joe Biden. Motherfucker is from Scranton. He seems genuinely passionate about politics. In short, he seems like he gives a shit about what he does, while Palin just cares what she can do with power once she has it.

She may end up costing McCain the election, and that's unfortunate, as this is something that he's tried to do several times, and it's just never worked out. Imagine if he'd won the nomination in 2000. No George. Just John.

So, we'll see. Popular opinion seems in favour of Obama. But, it's politics. Who can tell what'll happen in the next 5 days?

2 comments:

What happens when he? said...

I can tell you what will happen

McCains a secret Muslim, you heard it here first!

Andrew Anderson said...

OH SHIT IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW