Friday 10 October 2008

Day Twenty: You are a thief of joy

Man, the Office is awesome. Even in episodes that aren't particularly fantastic, there are still plenty of moments which make it better than 85% of all other TV. Like Michael tackling Jim right before the credits.

Or Jim's discussion of Battlestar Galactica with Andy while Dwight is driven slowly insane by his inability to intervene.

Dammit, I love this show in a way that is not healthy.

Right, so, Blog Post, and so on.

Had the second seminar in Animation today, and I'm not sure I gave a sensible answer for anything for the entire two hours. I mean, normally I struggle to keep the horrible sarcasm out of my answers, but today I think I was too tired. Plus, it was focused around Wallace and Gromit, which I absolutely adore, and therefore hate deconstructing. I don't want to discuss how Wallace represents essential Britishness, or how the entire cast of the movie is a metaphor for class struggle in the UK. I'm quite prepared to hear more about how Disney appear to be a hellish pit of absolute evil, because it reinforces my beliefs that anything that appears cuddly and child-friendly is probably Satan in disguise.

It's the big Saturday LCR tomorrow, and I plan on getting rascally drunk and comporting myself with the usual dignity and poise that I do at all my social events, so I think you'll be treated to a write-up of my adventures on Monday. I'll be working on still being hungover on Monday, despite my ambition to actually plot out the rest of my deadlines for the year and possibly, just possibly start work on some of these essays that are looming over the horizon.

I know, right? Starting work early? PLANNING?

Well, fuck it. It's third year. Maybe I should start doing some actual work.

Nah, I'm gonna play Assassin's Creed instead.

----------------
Now playing: Walter Murphy / A fifth of Beethoven

1 comment: