Thursday 2 October 2008

Day Fourteen: Miscellany

I woke up today, confident, refreshed and ready to face the world. I stayed in a good mood for all of a minute, which was how long it took me to check my phone, realise the time, and grasp that I had a lecture starting in less than five minutes.

Shit.

Rather than trying to get into campus, turning up late for the lecture in a horrible sweaty mess, I instead opted for the far more prudent option of skipping the lecture entirely and leisurely turning up at two o'clock instead.

This did mean that my first act on campus was joining Ruth and James for a pint rather than starting any work, but hey, I'm sure it worked out for the best. After all, beers quite a social lubricant, and I'm sure it only makes me a more entertaining person in seminars. As to the actual intellectual content, as I did try to prove that watching The Dark Knight makes you a better person. Which it totally does, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong to a painful degree.

As a completely random aside, this makes me giggle like a moron every time I read it. Yes, I know it's the Sun, but fuck it, the day I can't laugh at someone for being fat and getting a parking ticket outside KFC is the day I start proving the arguments about video games leading to insane killing sprees right.

Furthermore, I've discovered a neat little plugin for Firefox that lets me insert my "currently listening to" into my blog entries, helping keep this on the march to becomeing a fucking livejournal. Before you know it, this'll be nothing but thinly veiled Harry Potter slash fiction. The change will be seemless.

----------------
Now playing: Scatman John / Scatman (Ski-Ba-Bop-Ba-Dop-Bop)

No comments: